So I finally made it. I am only one day away from completing my first 14 day cycle on this carb and sugar cleanse. I bought a veggie spiralizer so I can replace my pasta with zucchini. I know that is not for everyone – including my boyfriend. So, for this recipe to help ease you into the low carb lifestyle I have included some fresh pasta as well. I can eat this without the pasta. The sauce over the zucchini is delicious.
You do not have to add chicken and shrimp, but I personally just like the variety. The zucchini noodles soak up the cheese sauce perfectly.
I bought a $15 grill from target I like to use for these kind of recipes. It is so easy and chars the shrimp exactly the way I like it.
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 oz fresh pasta
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 4 oz shredded Parmesan
- ¼ heavy cream
- ¼ chicken stock
- ½ pound of large peeled shrimp
- ½ pound of boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ stick of salted butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp red pepper
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- Set up the grill then prepare the chicken and shrimp.
- Liberally season the chicken and shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Grill until the shrimp are pink and blistered and the chicken is cooked through,
- Spiralize the zucchini.
- Melt the butter in a sautee pan and sautee the zucchini and garlic.
- Add the chicken stock and cook until "noodles" are tender over medium high.
- Add the heavy cream and cook at medium.
- When the sauce starts to thicken add in the cheese and spices.
- Reduce to a simmer and let the sauce finish thickening,
- Add in the fresh pasta.
- Toss in the shrimp and chicken.
- Top with parm.
If you are feeling adventurous skip the fresh pasta altogether! Enjoy!