I very rarely eat cereal, but we seem to always have it on hand. Publix had a huge Cinnamon Toast Crunch display and I just couldn’t resist buying a box. I have been toying with the idea of using it in a french toast dish. After I made this Challah bread I knew exactly what I wanted. That is when this Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast was born.
Layers of sweet fluffy Challah bread dipped in a cinnamon vanilla batter then covered in Cinnamon Toast Crunch crumbs. Then fried in coconut oil, slathered with Nutella, and drizzled with maple syrup. Seriously what is better???
I do warn you though- this dish is not for the faint of heart. This french toast is perfect for a lazy weekend. I added just a dollop of unsweetened yogurt to cut some of the sweetness. You could also use a lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- Loaf of Challah bread, preferably one day old sliced 1 inch thick
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of yogurt
- 2 cups of Cinnamon Toast Crunch crumbs
- 4 tbsp of Nutella
- Syrup and powdered sugar to taste
- Heat a skillet to medium heat.
- Prepare pan with a tsp of coconut oil.
- Mix together the eggs, vanilla, milk, cinnamon, and yogurt.
- Dip the bread quickly into the egg batter.
- Do not over saturate, you want a thin layer.
- Dip into the Cinnamon Toast Crunch crumbs.
- Fry on each side until golden brown.
- Spread a thin layer of Nutella on each slice.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Drizzle with syrup.
- Top with yogurt or whipped cream if desired!
You definitely need to try this recipe at least once in your life! It is an extremely decadent recipe, but if you are up to taking a cheat day this Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast is WORTH the calories!