Summer is the one of my favorite seasons for appetizers, especially a dip! There are so many fresh ingredients available. During the colder months I usually make heavier appetizers since they are so comforting, but I love making dips and salsas during the summer! This grilled corn dip is a “lightened” version of my bacon dip. It is by no means healthy, but this dip is definitely a good alternative to some of the others out there.
This is one of those easy go to dips that you can serve at a BBQ or a casual gathering. These ooey gooey bites won’t stick around long! In all honesty I was just playing around with recipes when I made this. Patrick and I finished it off in about 15 minutes. Such a perfect combo of flavors. Everything I want in a summer grilled corn bite!
I served this dip up with a toasted baguette, but it would be great with some tortilla chips or fresh veggies. Our farmers market has some amazing sweet corn available right now PERFECT for grilling. We grilled a few cobs then let them cool before cutting the kernels off. Something about the sweet corn and sharp cheese just make such a fantastic bite!
- 3 cups of grilled corn
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 cup of light sour cream
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 cups of sharp shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup of pico de gallo
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a sauce pan fry the chopped onions with the tbsp of butter.
- When they are nice and caramelized take off the heat.
- In a large bowl mix together the sour cream, mayo, paprika, garlic powder, and corn.
- Stir in the fried onions and one cup of cheese.
- Scoop into an oven safe dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with remaining cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with the pico de gallo and serve!
Enjoy at your next cookout! If you really want to spice it up add a little hot sauce on top. Don’t forget to tag #kelliericecakes if you make this dip!