After a month of low carb meals I was running out of options. Our daily feast of chicken and broccoli was getting a little dull. I still wanted to keep the meal low carb, but I didn’t want to sacrifice flavor.
Then I started dreaming about this place in down town Atlanta that makes cream cheese, cheddar, smoked pork fried jalapeno bites. Instead of pork I subbed mushrooms and I grilled everything since I am trying not to eat fried.
These poppers will melt in your mouth. So full of cheesiness and I added some blackening seasoning to kick up the flavor.
When you prep your jalapenos I highly recommend removing all seeds and ribbing. I love my food spicy, but the blackening seasoning is already going to up the heat level.
- 6 medium jalapenos, halved and cleaned
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup of low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp blackening seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped bella mushrooms
- Preheat the grill (or the oven at 400)
- Mix together cream cheese and cheddar.
- Microwave for 30 seconds until the cream cheese is smooth.
- Add the mushrooms and seasoning.
- Mix then fill each jalapeno half.
- I made a foil packet and lined the jalapenos inside.
- This will help even out the heat and make sure the peppers are thoroughly cooked.
- Grill for 20 minutes checking to make sure they do not burn or roast for 15 minutes.
Perfect for a side or your next family BBQ!