Buffalo wing sauce is such a huge flavor in our house. We try to limited processed snack food around the house, but every time a new chip, pretzel, or any snack comes out flavored buffalo wings we have to buy them all. This Buffalo Chicken Pizza could definitely be a meal, but I think it is such a great appetizer. Something quick and easy to throw together for unexpected guests or super hungry kids.
If you have been following my recipes for a while you already know I am a huge believer in the chicken thigh. I usually buy them in bulk and freeze small portions for the week. The meat to me just has so much flavor and stays juicy. I personally feel like they fill me up quicker than the chicken breast. If you love the flavors of buffalo chicken, but not the calories definitely try using a little sauce over grilled or baked chicken thighs.
I used my go to pizza dough for this recipe because it comes together very quickly. I wanted something that would pair well with garlic and buffalo flavors. I topped the pizza with monterey jack cheese for a really melty bite.
- For the dough:
- 1 packet of active yeast
- 1 tsp of honey
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2½ cups of flour
- 1 cup of warm water
- For the toppings.
- Chopped chicken thighs
- ¼ cup of hot sauce
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder, divided
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cups of grated monterey jack
- 2 tbsp of sour cream
- 2 tbsp of milk
- ½ tsp dill
- ⅛ tsp of salt (just a pinch)
- Mix the yeast, honey and water together and let sit for about 5 minutes until the yeast bubbles
- Add in the flour and salt
- Mix with a dough hook for about 5 minutes until a ball forms
- Cover and set to the side for 30 minutes to rise
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a saute pan toss the chicken with 1 tbsp of butter until cooked through
- Add the remaining butter, hot sauce, chopped garlic
- Heat sauce through and toss the chicken to coat
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface then transfer to a large pan
- Sprinkle the dough with 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- Top with the hot sauce and chicken mixture
- Crack a little black pepper over the top
- Cover with the cheese
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes until cheese is bubbling and crust is golden
- Mix the sour cream, milk, dill, salt and remaining garlic powder
- Drizzle over the pizza
- Add a little more hot sauce if you want!
You can garnish with fresh parsley or dill if you are feeling fancy! This recipe is the perfect combo of my two favorite foods! Don’t forget to #kelliericecakes if you try this recipe!